Highlights of Istanbul
Tick all the top sites of old Istanbul off your travel bucket list with our specialized small group tour.
It is a fully-guided tour inside the Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya), Basilica Cistern, Blue Mosque, Orient Express train station, Galata bridge and Spice Bazaar.
Along the way stop to hear the stories of the Roman Hippodrome (including Egyptian Obelisk, and Serpent Column German Fountain ), Constantine’s Column. Learn about the famous Orient Express, walk along the Galata Bridge and watch the local fishermen. Sit at local shop at the 400 years old market and sample the local products.
We take a break for lunch where you can enjoy traditional Turkish cuisine in a friendly setting at a non touristy restaurant where you gourmet guide choose some memorable food for you.
Please note the itinerary changes slightly on certain days due to changes in opening hours.
- Explore the hidden streets of Old Istanbul.
- Learn about Islam and Turkish culture and the modernization of Turkey.
- Visit inside and learn about the 1.500 years old magnificent Hagia Sofia / Ayasofya.
- Visit the 6th century unique Basilica Cistern ( Roman water reservar )
- Visit the Blue Mosque and Roman Hippodrome to see the German Fountain, Serpentine Column and the famous Obelisk which was shipped from Egypt to the Byzantine Emperor Theodosius in 4th century AD.
- Walk on the ancient roadway dotted with the ruins of the Roman columns and the Mausoleums of the last Ottoman sultans.
- Explore the Spice Bazaar and learn the local art of bargaining.
- Visit a Turkish restaurant and learn about the history of Turkish cuisine.
- Visit the station of the famous Orient Express and hear stories from its journeys from Paris to Istanbul ( Constantinople ).
- Walk on the Galata bridge and watch local fishermen.
- Stroll on the Galat bridge where you can see European and Asian faces of Istanbul at the same time.
- Have many great photo opportunities and more.
- Finish the tour with sampling many Turkish delights, nuts and spices with a glass of Tea or coffee.
Walking tour, City orientation, Local lifestyle, Turkish cuisine and drinks, Historical sites, Storytelling, Hidden gems.
Travellers who want to see the top sights, food lovers, those interested in Ottoman history, shoppers and photographers.
Professional licensed guide; entrance fees; two course lunch including a variety of mezes, bread and a main course of assorted kebabs or vegetarian casserole, and one non-alcoholic drink per person.
Extra food and drinks, gratuities for the guide.
This tour has daily departure for a maximum of 10 people.
6 hours (including lunch break)
Fuego Cafe & Restaurant
Incili Cavus Sokak. No: 15A
Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34110
Click here for the location
09:00 – 15:00
Grand Bazaar (Mon.-Thurs. & Sat.), Spice Bazaar (Sun.) and Blue Mosque (Fri.). These are due to the changes to opening and closing hours throughout the week to attractions.